Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Card For November!

It has been two weeks now, and I am still without my computer. Weighing the pros and cons of a.) the cost of repair, b.) the cost of replacement, and c.) spending money on big ticket items before the holidays.

In the meantime, I am getting my emails and webtime from my Nook. Not the most convenient method, but better than nothing!

My oldest son has graciously allowed me to use his laptop. The problem? He does not have my camera's software on his computer.

Hmmm. How to upload photos?

That's when I came up with my Plan B.

I'll take photos with my cell phone, send them to my email address, retrieve them from my son's laptop, and save them to his desktop.

Whew. That's a lot of work!

And when I say "cell phone", I'm sure you are picturing some iphone or smart phone that takes amazing photos and can send them to facebook or instagram and such. Nope! We're talking a five year old flip phone with no keyboard, using the old hunt and peck method. It is laborious!

Anyhoo, now that you know my computer woes, I'm sure you'll forgive my infrequent blog posts, right?

On to today's creation!



I'm really loving this card for a few reasons.
1. A color palette outside of my comfort zone!
2. Awesome die cuts!
3. Interesting textures!

Here's a closer look:


I used some red Stickles and Liquid Pearls to add a little interest to the "branches".

What do you think?
{Today's Brew: Fresh Cut Florals stamp set (wplus9 design), modern wood mats stamp (PTI), happy die cut (PTI), sentiment (PTI), all other die cuts from wplus9 design, inks and card stock from SU, card stock base and button twine (PTI), Stickles, Liquid Pearls}

There are some ah-MAZ-ing creations at the wplus9 design blog right now using the new products from their Holiday Collection. You should check it out!

It's Peppermint Mocha Latte season, cafe friends! Comfort and Joy!

4 comments:

  1. Love your card!! Hope you get your computer issues fixed. I sure enjoy your cards your faith everything that you post. Speaking of everything I enjoyed all your tips for the 31 one days. I especially enjoyed your kitchen post. Your kitchen is just wonderful with all the neat little gadgets you have in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you! I was missing you, my friend! Sorry about your computer issue! Always a hard decision to make: repair/replace/do without.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Figuring out a work around for pictures and lack of camera software is no simple matter, 3 cheers for your perseverance! And 3 cheers for a great card, even though it stretched your comfort zone a tad. I like the colors and the creative display you made on the front, nice textures & depth.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, seeing how much time you took to get this great card on your blog, it was worth it!!! I love how you used colors and textures. They all turned out great together.

    My vote is to get a new computer if your old one is a few years out. Repair can be less expensive, but with how technology changes you can almost purchase new and be much more advanced than you were and will be with older equipment. I know it is holiday time, but actually that is a great time to buy to get a competitive price. Good luck with which ever way you choose to go.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete