Monday, November 18, 2013

Mad About Plaid

Years ago, my husband and I purchased a home that was more than double the size of our tiny cottage. Needless to say, we had a lot of rooms to fill. Over the course of several months, we purchased furniture to fill our new living room, family room, and dining room. When the furniture was finally delivered, we looked around at our house and scratched our heads in wonder.

We had purchased a plaid sofa, plaid love seat, and plaid chair and ottoman for the living room. We had also purchased a plaid sofa, plaid love seat, and plaid chair and ottoman for the family room. Even the dining room chairs were covered in (you guessed it!) plaid.

I guess we went a little mad for plaid.

The truth is I still love plaid!


I picked up this amazing publication last month and have been enjoying it immensely. It is a British Country Living magazine filled with page after page of inspiration.


They had a feature on wool plaids, and I swear, I loved every room. Not surprising!

We're having new furniture delivered for our family room this Friday. I'm so excited! This time around, we are mixing solids, patterns and plaids together for a look that isn't so matchy-matchy. We're getting a big square ottoman in wool plaid that will serve as our footstool and coffee table combined.


I'm anxious to see how it will all look in the wood paneled family room.

In the meantime, I made a card with a plaid base.


{Today's Brew: Stamps an dies from WPlus9 design, card stock and inks from SU, plaid paper from October Afternoon, felt from PTI, scallop edge die from MFT, amuse heart twinkles, burlap}

Coffee mugs and warm houses filled with plaid.

Comfort and Joy!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. I also am a fan of plaid. Can't wait to see how you like the new furniture..(so much fun). I love your card as well. Great job on it and the plaid dsp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love me some plaid as well! Especially, on a card. Your card is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I love all the plaid, this is a totally cute card!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete