Friday, December 13, 2013

Warm Thoughts

Snow on the ground. A chill in the air. Yep! Winter is here!

Our first winter in our new/old house taught us one thing...we will need new windows one day! One day when we are not paying college tuition, that is. In the meantime, we're finding ways to stay warm and cozy on those cold nights when the winter winds whip through the air.



Warm socks to keep our toes-zen from getting frozen! Target is selling a brand called Alaska Knits made of Merino wool blends, and they are great! I reach for them every morning, and sometimes before bed, too!

Warm beds! I've never been a big fan of flannel sheets. Over time they will pill, and they restrict movement when you are rolling over in bed. My husband found the perfect solution. Microfleece sheets from Martha Stewart at Macy's! It's like a warm fleece blanket and sheet in one. They are soft and stretchy and oh so warm and cozy. Warning: these sheets will make it difficult to get out of bed in the morning!

When I have to leave my warm cozy bed and venture out into the stores for the dreaded shopping, I always reward myself with a peppermint mocha latte. When I am indoors and trying to stay warm, I drink Spiced Chai tea from Bigelow.

A cup of tea, a fire in the fireplace, and a great smelling candle like this new holiday scent from NEST.

Thinking warm thoughts of all of you, my cafe friends! Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back again - stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds heavenly to me. :)..Am going to have to try all four ideas...thanks for the heads up...

    ReplyDelete