Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Fast and Fresh Wreath


By mid January, I get a little hungry for flowers. It's silly, because I have a lot of weeks to wait before any flowers will dare to pop up out of the frozen earth. But still, a girl can let her mind wander to warm days and fragrant flowers, even in the middle of winter.

While I am dreaming of spring gardens, I'll just have to settle for paper gardens!

I made a fun, fast wreath on this card using Fresh Cut Florals from WPlus9 design. I LOVE X3 these stamps! So versatile! To make the wreath, I simple traced a circle lightly with pencil onto the Soft Stone card stock (PTI), then used it as my guide to stamp the flowers and leaves. I used the soft and sweet In Colors from Stampin' Up, then used two different colors of Liquid Pearls to add the centers to the flowers. I gently erased any leftover pencil marks, and voila!


Soft and sweet! An easy one-layer card!

4 comments:

  1. I was just telling mom that Bartz Viviano has a dozen tulips advertised for $8...I am thinking it's a sweet deal right about now. Your wreath is so pretty. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty....I like the touch that the pearls add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful Mary Rose.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are reading "guidepost" . See Jan. 15 th. Sounds like you are getting like me....
    antsy. For spring. Love and hugs. Mom x o. X

    ReplyDelete