Monday, January 6, 2014

Crafting on the Fly


We just returned yesterday from our final road trip to visit family over the holidays.

Three sets of families.

Two states.

Total logged "visiting" road time for the thirty days from beginning of December to the beginning of January...

Twenty-four hours.

Suffice it to say that I do not want to see another toll booth or highway mile marker for quite some time.

Can we call Christmas officially over now?

This year, I gave all of the grandparents lots and lots of photographs from 2013. I promise to send photos in the mail, but I always forget. So I used my home photo printer and printed them myself...photos of family, photos of kids, photos of the dog, photos of the new house, photos of momentous occasions. It was a big year.

But how to give the gift of memories? Some folks are picture frame people, other folks are album people. And then there are the folks who are "stick it with a magnet to the refrigerator" people.

I decided to just give a box of photos and let them decide what to do with them!

I put photos in a clear box (the kind that new stamps from Papertrey Ink come in!), made a paper belly band, and used some sticker embellishments.


Simple! I like simple!

That may be my new motto for crafting in 2014!

3 comments:

  1. Time spent with family...priceless!
    :)
    Love the picture packaging idea...BUT...next time use better editing!
    :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Editing? If you are referring to the headless individual in the photo, well, you can see him fine when you take him out of the package...it's just the paper band that covers his head.

      Delete
  2. No! I'm talking about the glamorous "fanny pack" pic you allowed to find its way home.
    EEeek!

    ReplyDelete