Friday, January 31, 2014

Monday Mood Board 26: The Mother of All Cards


Hello, cafe friends!

Dawn at WPlus9 posted this photo at the WPlus9 design blog for the Monday Mood Board challenge. Aww, so sweet. My eye was instantly drawn to that sweet rosebud paper on the left. Then, I found myself staring at that golden hello with a pink watercolor wash in the background. I decided to stamp my own background paper this morning, using the stamp set Fresh Cut Florals. Here's what I came up with:


I stamped the flowers and leaves on soft stone card stock (PTI) using SU ink, then ran the whole thing through a woodgrain embossing folder (SU).

I attempted a little watercolor effect, using a clear block, an ink pad, an a mister (direct to paper method). Then, I carefully inked only the Mother sentiment from Happy Mother's Day (wplus9), using a gold ink pad and heat setting.


A little extra gold sparkle with the diecut hearts and ribbon. A little doily, a flower, and done. It has a sort of vinage feel for me, with the soft colors, the glitter, and the font. While I like the overall effect, I'm not one hundred percent happy with the layout. Oh well. I may play around with this and see what else I can come up with this weekend.

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment