Friday, January 24, 2014

Pears in a Bowl


I went to the local market this week, where I found these beautiful mixed pears in a bag. I had to bring them home, just because they were so pretty.

Sam, the resident artist, said "They look like a painting!"

I thought so, too.


Last night, I made the most amazing salad for dinner. Spinach salad with diced pear and strawberries in a honey balsamic dressing. Sooo good! Pears are in season now, so it's a great time to include them in meals. Here's my recipe:

Spinach Salad with Pears :

I bag baby spinach, chopped
8-10 strawberries, sliced
1 pear, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup feta, crumbled
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Dressing:
1/2 c. olive oil
2-4 T balsamic vinegar
2-4 T. red wine vinegar
3-4 T. honey

Whisk dressing. In a bowl, combine spinach, strawberries and pears. Add dressing and toss. Top with feta and sliced almonds and enjoy!


The pears in a bowl inspiured my pears in a salad, which inspired my pears on a card. Funny how that works!

I've been loving the Fruit Fusion stamps from Papertrey Ink for a long time, and I finally purchased them at a great price from the Buy/Sell forum at PTI. Do you  buy used stamps or crafting supplies? I think it's a great way to add to your collection without breaking the bank.

I used a "fruit salad" of papers from Crate Paper for this creation.

{Today's Brew: Fruit Fusion Pears and die from Papertrey Ink, PTI white card stock, SU inks, Crate Paper papers}

2 comments:

  1. I really like the banners on your card. They look great! The salad looks really good too....I love pear salad. Now I will have to try that dressing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...yummy! I have been in the mood to experiment with recipes and flavors...such fun! It's sooo cold...might as well eat!
    Love you.
    xo
    :)

    ReplyDelete