Monday, February 17, 2014

A Little Room For Improvement

Good Monday Morning, cafe friends!

Today I thought I'd share with you a card that I made at my local stamp shop last week. Well, technically, I made it at the shop, but brought it home and improved upon it just a bit. Here it is:


Super cute, right?

Hero Arts makes a background stamp that gives the look and effect of chalkboard. Brilliant! All you have to do is ink it up with some white pigment ink, stamp it on dark paper, and voila! Chalkboard without the mess!

When I brought the card home, it looked a little plain. The only things on the chalkboard were the stamped leaves and sentiment and the paper heart. I don't know. It looked lonely to me. So to make it not so lonely, I cut out the corners in red using a die from wplus9 stamps (this is actually meant to be the roof of a teeny bird house from Folk Art Florals dies, but I thought the little scallops would make a cut corner detail). Okay, better! Then, I added the straight lines connecting the corners with my SU chalkboard marker. Ahh! Perfect! Everyone was happy, no one was lonely, one big happy family!


Thanks for visiting the cafe today! By the way, don't go to the post office today. Or the mail box. Or the bank. It's President's Day. Just stay indoors and hibernate where it's warm. Grab a latte, read a book, look at a spring flower catalog and think warm thoughts.

You're welcome. :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! I like that idea of the chalk stamp...I had not seen or heard of that, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Mary.
    Very cute card. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Wedding Flowers


    ReplyDelete