Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Little Springtime Hello

Some gardeners try to force bulbs indoors to get a jumpstart on gardening.

I am forcing spring indoors by changing a little bit of the decor in our house.

I needed my fireplace mantel to cheer me up and remind me that spring will come, eventually.


Out with the snowmen, in with the birds and bunnies!




Sigh! Now that makes me happy! Especially when I look out the front windows to the driveway and all I can see is this:


It looks like we are building the Great Wall of China right down the center of our driveway. We have so much snow that we have nowhere left to put it!

The good news is that we're expecting a warm up today, and much of this will melt away.

As I shoveled the drieway the other morning after another snowstorm, I felt the sun shining and heard the birds singing and I was reminded of this little bit of hope: spring is coming! Winter is loosening its grasp, and all things will be made new.


Time for a happy hello!

{Today's Brew: Rosie Posie stamp set (PTI), hello die (PTI), card stock (SU), Crate Paper striped paper, inks (SU)}

I made an envelope to match this card. Maybe it will make a mail carrier smile when they deliver it to its recipient.




No comments:

Post a Comment