Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happy Birthday, Papertrey Ink!

This morning, PTI posted a challenge to make a birthday card in honor of the PTI birthday month celebration. I combined the sketch and color inspiration challenges for this card.

I used these colors:



And combined them with this sketch:



To make this card!


{Today's Brew: Wishing You stamp set (PTI), card stock (PTI), inks (SU), scallop edge die}

I am seriously thankful for PTI. A few years back, I was ready to give up paper crafting completely. And then I had a new idea. Why not sell off what I have (too much!) and invest in some new companies that appeal to me and spark my creativity. That is exactly what I did!

One of you dear readers ( I think it was you, Linda!) asked me a while back if I ever regretted selling off my old stamps. I can honestly say not one bit. I do not miss anything I ever sold off. There are way too many fresh companies out there that can better capture my new sense of style. I sold off BOATLOADS of wood mounted stamp sets that took up so much room. It was just so visually cluttering and creatively stifling for me. I can do much so more with so much less. I still pare down my stash every year, but I also refresh it very selectively with new products.

This year, I plan on purchasing PTI inks and a LOT more PTI card stock...it's simply the best! I may have to have a garage sale first, but it's on my to do list!



2 comments:

  1. That is a cute stamp set. I especially like the flowers with the pattern in them and the cute as a button dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for addressing this. I have many too many stamp sets and find myself not stamping at all due to being overwhelmed. I need to pare down to find the love for this craft again but don't want to have any regrets.

    ReplyDelete