Sunday, February 2, 2014

WPlus9 Monday Mood Board: A Card Cannibalized and a Card Simplified


Does this one look vaguely familiar?

So, I mentioned in the last post that I liked the elements of the card, but not the layout. I stared at that thing for a few days and then came up with a solution.

I cannibalized the card.

Yep, took it apart and put it back together again. Used a little of this, got rid of some of that, found something I liked much better. Because I know myself...if I don't like a card, I'll never send it. Ne-ver.


I ripped off the focal point from that last card, used a portion of that watercolored paper, and cut it into a banner. Stamped the I Love You on it in gold. I knew this would be the perfect spot for it on the card because, uhm, well, that's the spot where I tore a bit of the paper and needed to cover the boo boo. I learned a long time ago...there are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities to layer. ha ha ha! The diecut letters in gold shimmer paper are just plain fun. Now I finally like this card!

Then I attempted this challenge with a fresh approach. Simplified!


I used the holiday stamp set Woodland Wreaths and stamped the elements in spring colors.


This one is so simple and sweet...I love it!

{Today's Brew: Woodland Wreaths (wplus9), soft stone card stock (PTI), heart border die (PTI), gold encore ink, SU inks, cord ribbon}

Sorry for the terrible lighting and photo quality today. I do not know HOW that groundhog could have possibly seen its shadow today. I do not live far from Punxsutawney, and there is no way they could have had any sunshine for a shadow to appear. Curse you, groundhog!

As a matter of fact, I have learned that Pittsburgh is probably the second cloudiest city in the US, with the least amount of days of sunlight...right after Seattle. It makes for terrible photo conditions! But I will add this...Pittsburghers take it in stride. They seem to provide their own sunshine.

Sunny wishes to you, cafe friends!


1 comment:

  1. Love your cards! I especially enjoy the way your took Spring colors to the Woodland Wreath set and came up with such a fresh looking card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete