Sunday, March 9, 2014

PTI M.I.M. #154


Erin had a really sweet card for this week's Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink. The challenge: how to add interesting layers and textures to a one layer card. Beauty without the bulk. Pretty without the extra poundage. (And if anyone can tell me how to do this with my added winter weight, please send me an email! ha ha!)

I loved the part in the video where Erin states that halfway through, at about this point in the card making process, you will look at it and think "Aaack! This looks like crap!" And that was so true! But if you continue on, somehow it magically comes together.

I'm not always successful at the collage-y type style. I think so much depends upon the proper color choices and the right stamp set. PTI's Postmarks seemed like the perfect choice. It has a lot of different images, big and small, to choose from. I paired it with Background Basics Gingham and Think Big Favorites for a card that has a decidedly French flair.

{Today's Brew: Postmarks stamp set (PTI), Background Basics Gingham (PTI), TBF (PTI), PTI inks, PTI card stock, Versafine onyx ink, clear embossing powder for the sentiment}


Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Or if you're feeling like Morticia Addams ("Tish, that's French!") then I will say "Merci!"

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card!!!! I'm gonna have to dust off my postage stamp set and give it a whirl. :)

    ReplyDelete