Thursday, April 17, 2014

For The Robins



I heard a sweet song while sitting at my desk last week. I looked up and saw this...a robin, perched in the dead plants that hung in my window box all winter.

The robin sang a song to me that said "I flew all the way from Florida for this?!"

I knew I could do better.

I went to the garden center, bought some pansies, and got to work making the yard look like spring.




My German grandmother loved pansies for their sweet "faces" that welcomed spring. I was inspired to pull out my watercolors and capture those sweet faces.




Graphite pencil to Strathmore deckle edged card. Watercolor paint to paper.

A pure process.

I am most pleased.

1 comment:

  1. I like pansies too! We haven't been able to keep them in the yard, the rabbits eat them...smile. I guess we need to put them in a window box too...smile...Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete