Saturday, April 5, 2014

M.I.M. #158: Under The Weather

Hello, cafe friends! Sorry for the long absence! Can I just say this: It's been a week. One of those weeks that's been spiritually draining and physically draining to boot. I could feel my autoimmune disorder wreaking havoc on my joints. Time to scale back, rest up, and recoup.

Tomorrow is a new day.

But today, while I am still a little under the weather, I thought I'd make an Under the Weather card for a sweet lady I know who is feeling the same way.

This week's Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink was to use a watercoloring technique on a card. I decided to pull out my new gelatos and have a little fun. I used blue, green, and white gelato sticks directly on the large raindrop background stamp, then spritzed it with water and stamped it to paper. I thought this did a nice job of reflecting the rainy spring weather we've been experiencing recently.


{Today's Brew: Scattered Showers and Scattered Showers additions (PTI), umbrella die (PTI), PTI card stock, gelatos, versamark, embossing powder, scallop edge punch, enamel dots (MME)}


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you are on the mend soon. Your card is too cute. I love the die cut and your 'rain' looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card - sure to make the recipient feel better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watercolor effect on the droplets- too cool!

    ReplyDelete