Friday, April 18, 2014

My New Prayer Journal



"So I've been reading this new book..."

Uh oh! How often do I say this to my husband? A LOT! I am certain that he has learned to brace himself for whatever comes next.

"...and I'm thinking about giving up glutens."

"...and I want to join a folk band, right after I learn to play my dulcimer."

"...and I am enrolling in a community-supported agriculture farm."

I have this rock-solid husband who listens to my latest flights of fancy with such grace and only the tiniest hint of amusement.

Sometimes, a book really has an impact on me. Take this book, for example. "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson. It came to me at a perfect time, when I knew that 2014 would be my year to embrace "In All Things, by Prayer". This book has challenged me on so many levels. It has challenged me to be bold with my prayers, to think of daily scripture reading in new ways, to look at my biggest desire to write from a new angle.

Fresh perspective.


I am taking a fresh perspective with my arts and crafts as well. Branching out. Trying something new. Teaching myself new skills.

I decided to turn my new sketch book into my prayer journal. Now I will have a place to doodle and write from my heart. I will be circling God's promises, making bold prayers, praising God, loving His word.


I feel a new creative spark that has been missing for quite a while. Perhaps it's the first blush of spring and the promise of resurrection. Rejoicing for every bulb that slept safely that long winter under deep snow.Rejoicing for the flowers that turn their faces to the sun. Rejoicing and glad for the twenty-four hours before me.

Blessed.

This weekend I will be blessed with family...moms and siblings, all of my sons together again, my husband by my side at the church where we were married nearly twenty-five years ago. Something old, something new.


"the old has gone; the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, I need to look into that...I enjoyed your post...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Mary Rose. I am sure your weekend was great.

    ReplyDelete