Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Craft Room Remodel


For the record, I LOVE my craft room. Two windows, two closets, two walls of built-ins, and plenty of space. It is perfect!

Almost perfect, that is. The only problem...dark dark wood paneling.

I've lived with the wood paneled room for a year now, just to see if I could learn to love it.

Do I love it? Not so much!

We've begun the long and laborious process of priming the wood paneled walls for paint. I have to say, even with white walls it looks one hundred percent better! Brighter, bigger, and happier.


I found my inspiration from this issue of French Country Homes magazines. Look! A painted paneled room! Sunny, creamy perfection!


I'm thinking of painting the back wall of the bookshelves in a light aqua...just for fun!


We have the paint. We have the primed walls. Now we just need the time and energy to finish the job we've started.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sky blue has a way of lightening the mood...brightening the disposition...I'm a BiG fan!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely transformation. Looking forward to pictures of your finished room!

    ReplyDelete