Thursday, July 24, 2014

Needle to Paper



I've been working on a small needle art project this week. This pattern, from The Prairie Schooler, is for a fraktur-inspired bookmark.


I sighed when I started gathering the floss for this project.


The colors are so soft and vintage and lovely!

It inspired me to gather paper and stamps and ink and try to recreate this same feeling.


I wanted subtle color on a kraft background, but I think I got a little too subtle. It was hard to see the white ink stitching and the pale pink flower.


It was probably a little more noticeable before I decided to run the whole thing through this embossing folder. But that's okay, I still like the linen look.

{Today's Brew: Stitches and Swirls and Solid Stitches and Swirls stamp sets (PTI), card stock and ink (PTI), die cut (PTI), embossing folder (SU) }

I like to do needle art projects in the summer because I can take them outdoors, where the lighting is so much better, And when I am stitching on a 30 count linen, I need all the natural light I can get!

1 comment:

  1. What a cool look! It's totally looks stitched at first glance.

    ReplyDelete