Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pursuing a God-Sized Passion


Thank you, dear cafe friends, for your understanding and encouragement! After reading so many of your kind comments, I found a theme that became quite evident.

I like paper crafts, but it is not my passion.

I like needle art, but it is not my passion.

I like house and home fluffing, but it is not my passion.

Words. Words are my passion.

You, dear readers, identified with the words. And that makes me so happy!

You see, for quite some time I've been working on a novel. Yep. A novel! It's a pretty ambitious thing, I'll grant you that. It's a story that just won't leave me alone. I've been known to put it down for months at a time, and when I pick it up again, my first thought is "You know, this is pretty good. Why did I stop?"

Recently, God has been whispering to me "Why not now? Let's get this thing finished now."

And the timing just feels right.

I am laying down the blog so that I can pick up this writing pursuit. I need to give it more attention and discipline than I have been doing thus far. It's a big God-sized dream that seems impossible, which is exactly why it now seems so plausible.

By the way, the protagonist of the story may or may not be a crafter. Just sayin'. ;)

I may pop in here periodically to tell you all how I'm doing. Actually, I hope you will hold me accountable to keep this momentum going!

You, sweet friends, have blessed me this week. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me!

3 comments:

  1. Karyn Bercheni (karynbercheni@hotmail.com )September 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM

    How exciting ~ a novel!! You will definitely have to stop back in and let us know how things are going and when & where we can buy our copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! Please do pop in and give us updates -- about the book or anything else you want to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for your writing career to flourish. Best of luck on finishing your novel!

    ReplyDelete