Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Distress-ing Birthday Card


Today I have a fun birthday card to show you! My mother-in-law is a cat lover, which meant I HAD to get this stamp set from Mama Elephant stamps for all future Mom in law cards. You have to admit...those cats are seriously cute!

I love the way that the cats are looking up at the sentiment, so I decided to highlight that sentiment with a fun watercoloring technique using some simple tools.


I grabbed a few soft pastel colors from Tim Holtz Distress Markers and scribbled them directly onto one of my big acrylic blocks that I use for stamping. Then, using a water brush pen and a mister, I lightly swirled the marker on the block and stamped the entire block directly onto card stock.


When the watery background was fully dry, I stamped the sentiment over it with Versafine Onyx ink.

Soft and sweet, just like kittens...when they're sleeping. :)

{Today's Brew: Purrfect Pair stamp set (Mama Elephant stamps), Make a Wish (Mama Elephant stamps), PTI card stock, Distress Markers, SU silver twine}

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I just spent a happy morning making swatches of all my Distress ink pads. A rainbow of happy colors to help soothe the pain of a cold winter weekend day. I'm really looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! I need to buy more of the cube Distress ink pads soon!

    ReplyDelete