Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Card, A Coffee, and An Update

Good morning, cafe friends!

I am happy to report that the move is finally over! Praise be to God!

I learned a valuable lesson in Home Relocation Number Four. Six months is WAY too long a process. Three months? Fine. Perfect. Sell a house. Buy a house. Move. Done. Six months? Too much time overthinking, and too much of a disruption to daily life.

So, how was the move? Well, it was the WORST packing process we've ever experienced. A terrible crew with no leadership or plan, and they took THREE days to pack our house and load it on the truck. We were cutting it so close that the new owners were touring the house for the final walk through while we were still vacuuming and loading the truck.

Just to give a little comparison, the last time we moved we had a team that had our whole house packed and ready to go before Sam came home from school. So yeah, they were bad. But the moving company reached out through the company VP and sent us a new crew and a representative for the move in day, and they were much better.

We did our final walk through of the house the night before move in, and again, it was rough. So rough that my eldest son, who is always so positive, asked me "What was Dad thinking when he decided on this house?!"

I'll be honest, it looked a lot like we'd just purchased a Flip or Flop foreclosure house.

Graffiti? Check!


Scary self portrait in the closet? Check!



Weeds as tall as Sam? Check!



Dirty? Check!







Junk left behind? Check and double check!

And correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think it's supposed to rain INSIDE of windows!



Sigh.

We will have our work cut out for us with this house.

Which leads me to this awesome card that Mom mailed to me this week:


Truth!

With a good cup of coffee, anything seems possible. That is why the coffee bar was one of the first things to get unpacked at the new house!


We've been here for a week now, and we've already begun the renovation process. I will have a LOT of before and after photos to share with you soon, so stop back!

The cafe has moved, but I'm still serving the same creative brew. Thanks for sticking with me, friends!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! You are a Very Brave Woman :) Your willingness to take on such a HUGE project speaks volumes to your love of hubby and ability to see beyond the yuk! Your before and after pictures always inspire me. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying that it will all look BEAUTIFUL very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everyone! I will say that it's looking a little better every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! I will say that it's looking a little better every day!

    ReplyDelete