Thursday, July 16, 2015

A No-Stamps (well, almost) Card For Dad


My poor Father-in-Law. He gets the same present for every birthday and holiday: books. Specifically, books on World War II. He sends us a list of books he'd like to read, and then we order them from Barnes and Noble or Amazon, wrap them up, and surprise! Books!

It doesn't seem all the exciting to me.

So I had to make a card with a little more pizzazz to go with those exciting war books!

I used a kit from Simple Stories (Hey, Pop!) to get a nice, color-coordinated look.

{Today's Brew: Simple Stories Hey, Pop! collection, Lawn Fawn Dies and twine, PTI ink and card stock}

I pulled out a sentiment from Mama Elephant for the inside of the card, and jazzed it up with some stars and a strip of card stock.


Can a masculine card have a little sparkle and shine? Yes. Yes it can.

I decided that the i over birthday needed a little heart for extra fancy punctuation. When I cut it out of this strip of card stock, I liked the negative space strip so much that I used it in the upper corner of the card, too.

A masculine card, to go with a masculine present.

Mission accomplished.

1 comment: