Thursday, July 23, 2015

What I Found In The Garden

This garden has been a challenge. It became obvious that weeding had been relegated to the bottom of the priority list prior to our move, and the garden beds were sadly neglected. Weeds as tall as Sam, piles of abandoned brush, and what I'm pretty sure are a few piles of discarded cat litter...eeeewww!

I've been working on the gardens every week, one small section at a time.

I began with the beds closest to the perimeter of the house, and discovered a very sweet cottage garden in the process!





This week, I started tackling the beds along the fence line at the back of the yard. And to my delight, I unearthed three lace cap hydrangeas and some beautiful lilies!






I feel like Indiana Jones, unearthing a treasure in the ruins of Machu Pichu!

There is a lot more to discover....and a lot more weeds to be pulled. I am making progress, and hoping to have it all cleared out by summer's end.

For now, I can sit on the patio, admire the flowers, ignore the weeds, and enjoy a beautiful sunset.

Weeds below, God's watercolor masterpiece above.


I think I'll just keep looking up.


Keep looking up, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely surprise to find all those beautiful flowers in the midst of your weeds! "A blessing in disguise"; so to speak - or as my sister calls it, "a cookie" from God!

    Blessings and much happiness to you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete