Saturday, August 29, 2015

Biking To The Park: Sustainability, Community, and Nature


I love being able to bike to the park. This fits so well with the Almost Amish concept in so many ways. For starters, it's completely sustainable. The only fuel we burn to get there are calories, and I can definitely spare those! Second, it's a chance to be outdoors enjoying God's beautiful creation. And finally, it's a nice way to meet neighbors, either at the park or as we bike past their houses and wave.


Sam's class had a small get together at the park yesterday. Rather than take the car, I biked over to meet him there. It was a cool overcast day, with signs of autumn's approach everywhere. Our neighborhood park has the most stunning hydrangeas right now!



The crab apples are also ripening. No doubt the birds, squirrels and chipmunks will be very happy!


I wanted to bring Sam a water bottle for the park, so I added my bike basket and off I went! I found this one at Target and thought the colors matched my bike perfectly. My favorite feature...the basket liner is actually a market bag with handles that you can take out and carry with you. Genius!


For those rides when my only cargo will be my cell phone or some tissues, chapstick and a hair band, I can use this sweet barrel bag that secures to the handlebars with velcro.


Not only does it match my bike, but it matches my planner, too. Bonus!

No bikes to the park today, as we are getting some much needed rain. I think I'll stay indoors and do some crafting.

Have a latte and enjoy your weekend, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that your move went well. I love the picture of your bike in the park! That basket is cuter than cute and the new liner is smart and very park chic!

    ReplyDelete