Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Belated


Today I got eight cards in the mail, and every one of them was belated. Belated birthday. Belated retirement. Belated thank you.

I don't know what my problem is! I make cards for the occasion, forget to put them in an envelope and then in the mailbox. They accumulate at my desk, looking at me with guilt and condemnation.

Is there an expiration date on greetings? I hope not. I probably have about eight more to go. This stamp set is perfect for belated birthday cards. It gets a lot of use at my craft table. Too much use, sadly! ha ha

I need to get more disciplined with this area of my life. Maybe if I keep some cards in my planner, I can get them sent at the beginning of the month instead of the end...or six to eight weeks later.

Perhaps I should take a Gandalf approach. My cards do not arrive early or late, but precisely when they're meant to.


Today, I will put them in the mailbox and say a prayer that they bless the recipients...precisely when they're meant to.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are sending a card, so you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with above! I feel the same way, anyone getting a snail mail card will be happy. I don't even consider it late as long as the postmark is the celebratory day ;). I am not personally sentimental about dates, so maybe I am not the right person to ask, but I would never be offended by someone remembering me and sending me a card, no mater how late it arrives! =D

    ReplyDelete