Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Put A Mum In It!




One thing among many that I love about the Country Living Fair...you will see flowers, especially mums, displayed in some really unique ways. Have a rusty ole bucket, but want to make it cute? Put a mum in it! Got a wagon? Put a mum in it! A bike with a basket? Put a mum in it!



I decided to shabby chic my garden this week.

Rusty tricycle? Check!




Would you look at all that beautiful mulch! My husband and the boys worked hard while I was gone, spreading a truckload of mulch in all the flower beds. This corner used to be the spot where thistle weeds had grown to nearly five feet tall. Now, I have lovely roses...and a few mums, too!

Rust red chairs and old buckets? Check!




This spot just makes me happy now, where it used to make me sad just a few weeks ago. Progress, cafe friends! Progress!

And the mailbox that was sad is...well, still a little sad. It needs a coat of paint when the house gets done. But in the meantime, I have a sweet bucket filled with mums to greet me when I check the mail.



I have been holding on to some of these things for a few years, and I'm happy to have them out in the garden again. My Pennsylvania colonial seemed a bit more formal, but this house feels like the kind of place where I can add a little country charm.

If the weather ever cools down ( it's been hovering around 80 every day, which seems pretty warm for the end of September), I will add some pumpkins and corn stalks to the garden, too.

It's the first day of autumn, friends! You know what to do...grab a seasonal latte, go to the garden center, and put a mum in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment