Sunday, October 11, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: Cafe Love at the Egg Harbor Cafe

Yesterday was one of those days where you thought you had things planned, but then nothing went according to plan and you didn't know what to do with your day. Do you ever have days like that? Sometimes, you just know it's going to be an unproductive day even before you've had your first cup of coffee.

On a day like that, it's a good idea to let someone else make the coffee for you. So we took the boys for brunch at Egg Harbor Cafe in Geneva.


I love this restaurant so much! When you sit at the table, there are brightly colored coffee mugs at every spot, and you never know what color you will have that day.


Yesterday, it was an autumnal orange...perfect!



They had updated autumn menus, with lovely artwork on the cover!


I decided to bring my planner to brunch so that we could sit down as a family and coordinate our schedules. If I don't do this frequently, then our unproductive days start to outnumber the productive ones. And then we have conversations that start like this...

"Didn't I tell you? I'm going to South Bend tomorrow."

or

"Can't go out of town...I work next weekend."

or

"Now what date is my first communion again?"

Planners help me keep my sanity.




I have quite a lot to plan for in the next few days. My windows are being installed this week...hurrah! Just in time for cold weather! Also, my entire exterior of the house is getting painted shortly after that. Eek! I can't wait for the transformation! Tom, my window guy, told me to take a lot of before and after photos because it will be quite a difference. (Coincidentally, Tom also told me that the color I picked for the house is the same color he'd used on his last house...Navajo White. He warned me that it had a lot of yellow in it...no alarms there, as I love yellow! He told me to go drive by the house, which I did, and I absolutely love it. Can't wait to see it applied to our house!)

It's good to have a plan. And it's even better to have a planner with coffee.

Blessings on your Sunday, cafe friends!

Reminder! Today's the last day to enter the blog candy coffee cozy giveaway! Check out Friday's post and leave a comment to win!

No comments:

Post a Comment