Thursday, October 15, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: The Compassionate and Gracious God


How do you describe yourself?

I often say that "I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock 'n roll". You have to forgive me. I was a child of the seventies and apparently heavily influenced by the wise words of Donny and Marie Osmond.

Some days, I would describe myself as half cafe and half au lait.

Have you ever wondered: how does God describe himself?

The answer is in Exodus 34:6.


God describes himself to Moses with these words:

"The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness..."



Isn't it lovely? The first words God uses to describe himself...compassionate and gracious. Slow to anger (notice He does not say "Never angry", but "slow to anger"), abounding in love (yes!) and faithfulness (so true!).


Thank you, God, for your compassion. Thank you, God, for your grace. Thank you for being slow to get angry with me when I'm sure I deserved your anger. Thank you for your abounding love when I did not deserve it. And thank you for your faithfulness...Great is your faithfulness, Lord unto me!


I made this journaling page to remind myself: God is who He says He is!


Tell me...how do you describe yourself?

I think my Starbucks barista probably describes me as "Grande non-fat with whip cinnamon dolce latte" lady. :) But today, I will describe myself as "grateful child of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment