Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: Cozy


It's been a week. Oy vey, has it ever been a week! Being the general contractor of this job has been a challenge. Overseeing window crews and painting crews working simultaneously, and did I mention, my husband was out of town this week? 

It can drive a girl to drink, I tell you. And I did, probably more than I should. I'm trying to wean myself off the hard stuff now, just for the sake of my nerves. But when you are stuck indoors, with nothing to do and nowhere to go, it just seems so natural. I'll just have another. And another. One more sip...

That's it. I had to start switching to decaff.

You knew I was talking about coffee, right?

Today, I put on a pot of decaff, got cozy on the couch, and curled up with a good book while the painters did their magic.

I'm currently reading "The Nesting Place" by Myquillin Smith. It's opening my eyes to the possibilities of this house, or what the Nester refers to as the "lovely limitations". And as soon as the outdoor work is done, I can start thinking of how to make the indoors a lovely place for our family.

I have one more week of 31 days left, and it looks like it could be the most exciting week yet, full of Big Reveals and before and after photos. Tom, my window guy, and Noah, my painter, both told me today that this will look like a new house next week. They promise me that the ugly duckling will soon be a beautiful swan.

Stay tuned, and stay cozy, cafe friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment