Wednesday, October 21, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: Jonesin' for this java quilt!


Last spring, my son moved into his new apartment to begin his post-college big adult life. We went to visit him and help him get set up and adjusted.

I walked in to his new place for the first time, and said something like this:

"John! Your new place is so pretty, and...OH MY GOODNESS, WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR COUCH?!"


"Oh, this?" John said nonchalantly. "My friend, Ty's Mom, gave me this as a graduation present. She makes quilts, and she gave one to all of Ty's friends."

After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I think I asked him "Who is this woman, and how can I become her friend, too?"

The quilt is simply stunning. Shades of chocolate, coffee, cocoa and sage, with a pattern of X's and O's stitched in to the blocks. It is A-MAZ-ING!


And look! Choco-latte loveliness!


I look at this quilt and love it every time I visit. It really is THE statement piece of my son's apartment, as it's one of the first things you see when you walk in the door.

What an amazing gift!

To Ty's Mom: I don't even know who you are, but thank you for this sweet handcrafted gift you gave my son! Let's go out for coffee one day! I think I need you as my new best friend! :)



2 comments:

  1. Very lovely! You have to be happy your son has such a wonderful friend...whose Mom is so kind and generous. I hope you get to know her. 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does my heart good to know there are kind and generous people still performing random acts of love in this world!

      Delete