Monday, October 12, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: Joy!


The much anticipated window installation began today! Joy! The crew arrived this morning, so I put on the coffee, set out the snacks, and told them "Today, my house is your house...so make it pretty!"

And it's looking prettier already! Seven windows have been installed, and I'm starting to get a vision of what it will look like when it's complete.


This week, during Bible study, we discussed the topic of joy. The question was asked "Do you embrace or struggle with the fact that our God is filled with joy?"

1 Thessalonians 1 :6-7 says "You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit."

Beth Moore says that "Joy is happiness without the moodiness." And then she adds "If we want our happiness to outlast a caffeine buzz, we're probably referring to joy."

I love that!

Jesus tells us "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." (John 15:11)

We have the joy of Jesus inside of us! Maybe it's time that we show it to the world.

My oldest son works for Aldi, and he hates to work on Sundays, when the cranky church folks shop after services.

Ask a waiter or waitress, and they'll probably tell you that the Sunday church crowd are notoriously bad tippers.

That's not sharing joy.

We need to be known by our joy. We need the world to see us at the grocery store or the cafe and say "I'll have what she's having!"

Friendliness and cheerfulness cost me nothing, but it's free to share with the world. I want to be an imitator of Christ...both caffeinated and decaffeinated, nonfat, with an extra shot of Joy!

And here's a cup of joy...Tammy from Michigan! You won the Michigan gift giveaway! Send me your address and I'll send this to you!

maryrosescafe@gmail.com

Joy to you, cafe friends!


1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts on joy!

    Thanks for the win. :-) I'll send an email.

    ReplyDelete