Saturday, October 31, 2015

31 Days of Coffee: Random Thoughts From An Overcaffeinated Brain

Here it is...the end of 31 Days of coffee. And if you've stuck with me this long, then perhaps you're thinking the same thing I am, which is "Whew! I thought this month would never end!" ;)

So here are some random thoughts from my overcaffeinated brain to wrap up this month.

* Coffee, like wine is best shared with friends and family.

*Contractors are notorious for underestimating two things: the length of time to complete the project and the cost. Whatever they tell you, be sure to add twice the length of time and one third more in cost.



*Rain and cold might be a terrible recipe for exterior house painting, but it's a great recipe for making soup.



*One benefit of having a house under construction is that you'll have the scariest house on the street for Halloween.




*A life without a dog or cat is just plain sad.

*God smiles on me in the clearance section of stores. Case in point: This Ottlite Floor Lamp, originally $149, that I snagged for $59.99 at Michael's! I bought two. One for me, and one for my mother in law for Christmas!



*Most days, my life is so boring that even I have nothing to say.

*I discovered my new favorite store, and it's close to home. Goodwill. Found this shabby chic Christmas tray for $2. And now that the contractors have made us broke, it looks like I'll be doing the rest of my home shopping there. :)



*When I am not in bible study, my life is out of balance.

*I miss the camaraderie of coworkers.

*My new solution to escaping the house I don't like in the town I'm not overly fond of is to leave it, often. Planning on at least one weekend away every month, and calling it my sanity break.

*You are never too old to learn a new house flipping skill. This weekend: staining wood trim of new windows. Getting the color wrong, going back to Home Depot, and trying again. Wishing for the thousandth time that this house had painted white trim.


* Halloween and rain seem to go hand in hand.

*The Hallmark Holiday movies start today. Rejoice!

One thing's for certain. After a month of coffee, I'm ready to switch to tea.

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!



1 comment:

  1. I hope at least one of your weekends includes me! And I could not agree more with your dog/cat comment. Something is missing when there is no pet in the home. Maybe we can get siblings? :). Love and miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete