Thursday, October 1, 2015

31 Days of Coffee!



Good morning, cafe friends! Happy October!

Today is the first day of the 31 Day challenge...an opportunity to write on one topic for thirty-one days. This fun challenge was started by fellow blogger The Nester several years ago. You may recall that I did the 31 Day challenge back in 2013, when I blogged about 31 Days of Relocating Home. And here I am, two years later, relocating home once again. Ha ha. But seriously, if I had to write about that topic again, I would cry for thirty one days straight...which is just a few more days than I cry about it now.

I tossed around the idea of featuring 31 Days of Do-Overs...life do-overs, day do-overs, room and house and garden do-overs. But I just wasn't feeling the joy.

What brings me joy? The Lord...and coffee.

You are, after all, visiting Mary Rose's Cafe. It just seemed obvious.

So for thirty-one days in October, I will be writing about coffee. You will find a few coffee themes here, including:

Home Brewed

Projects featuring our Fixer Upper house. October is shaping up to be an exciting month here! New windows will arrive next week, the exterior of the house will get painted, and we've begun our re-landscaping project as well. And fingers crossed, we will start to work on transforming our kitchen this month. BEFORE and AFTER PHOTOS, PEOPLE!  And that's a lot more exciting than an episode of Property Brothers. Really. I promise. Pinky swear.

The Coffee Bar

Yes, I have a coffee bar in my home. I had a coffee bar ten years ago, too...way way back before Pinterest made them so adorable. Here, I'll be testing and sampling and showcasing my favorite coffees, with a recipe or two thrown in for fun.

Cafe Creations

As you may have guessed, I've curated quite a collection of coffee themed stamps and crafts over the years. I'm so excited to have an entire month devoted to these lovelies!

To Go Cup

Traveling...with coffee!

Cafe Love

I love to discover new cafes, and here in the Fox River Valley I have found a lot of them! Joy! My happy place, the local library, even has a sweet cafe. I've visited a few, but there are more to explore. Let's be coffee explorers together!

31 Days of Coffee. Just think of how much our caffeinated selves will accomplish!

It's been a long time since I've thrown around some blog candy. I think this will be the perfect month for that, too.

October. 31 Days. Can we do it? Of course we can! As Anne of Green Gables said "I'm so happy to live in a world where there are Octobers."

4 comments:

  1. Love coffee! I use to work for Caribou when I graduated from college. Looking forward to your series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Lord and coffee too. looking forward to the next 30 days!! October is looking pretty good. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.
    I love coffee, too, and I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

    a 31 dayer
    Romi @ In the Way Everlasting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here from Write31 days... I had to check it out when I saw the word coffee ;)! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete