Monday, December 21, 2015

A Christmas Gift For Katie

My son, John, was home last weekend for some fun filled family time...movies, food, sight-seeing in the big city. We took John out to lunch in Geneva and he managed to do a little Christmas shopping for some of his friends.

I asked John what he was going to give his friend, Katie.

"She would really love one of your cards," he told me. As it turns out, some of John's friends discovered my blog, and John told me that Katie was so impressed by my card making and needle art projects that she wants to meet me and spend a day crafting with me.

Aww! That's so sweet!

But a card alone would not do. So Katie will be the recipient of my first handmade coffee cozy! John picked out the colors...he told me Katie loves purple (sorry, no purple felt in my stash yet, but we added purple stitching!), and she really likes teal and green. So here it is:




{Today's Brew: felt and dies from Papertrey Ink, DMC floss}

These are so fun to make! I may even have to fire up the sewing machine and make a few more! My favorite part is the little tag that hangs off the side. How fun!

Next, I made a card that would coordinate with the coffee cozy gift.




{Today's Brew: Cup of Cheer stamp set (Papertrey Ink), dies, ink, card stock (PTI), Mister Huey Calico spray, rhinestone twinkle}

Merry Christmas, Katie! And if you see this before John gives it to you, just act surprised. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment