Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Birthdays and Christmas and Travel, Oh My!

Last week, our family converged from north and south to celebrate the Christmas season in Michigan. My husband, who was traveling for work, met us there. My son, John, drove up from Indiana. And Luke and Sam and I piled into Pumpkin Spice (that's what we call my orange Subaru Crosstrek) and braved the wild expressways of Chicago to make it home to see our extended families.

I had to pack all the Christmas presents, three sets of birthday presents, homemade shortbread cookies, food and clothing into the car. It was a miracle that we had any room for passengers.

I was crafting on the fly last week.

Here's a birthday card I made for my great niece, Lola, who turned one. She is so adorable. I cannot believe I forgot to take her photograph! Too much time smiling and clapping with her, I guess!


{Today's Brew: Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine papers and badge. Lawn Fawn frame die, PTI card stock}


I chose the background paper because it looks as if you pieced it together yourself. And because the background is pretty busy, I kept the rest of the card simple.


I have a lot to show you this week! More cards, more projects, and photos from an awesome barn antique store that you will love. Stop back to the cafe, friends! I'm serving up piping hot cups of inspiration!

1 comment: