Friday, December 11, 2015

MIM #234: Embellishing With Felt


This week's Make It Monday challenge at PTI was to embellish with felt. I've been meaning to work on some felted projects, but I keep forgetting. Glad I had this challenge to inspire me!


My great niece, Madison, is having a birthday next week. Thirteen! I recently purchased this notched flower die, and I thought it would make a fun flower for the front of her birthday card.


I attached the flower with a safety pin, just in case she wants to remove it and use it somewhere else. I really wanted to use a proper brooch pin, but couldn't find one in my sewing kit. I'm pretty sure her Grandma has one or two in her sewing room, though.


I stamped the front of the envelope with a fun flower, too. I chose colors that say "Yes, I have a birthday in December, but don't get my day confused with Christmas!"

{Today's Brew: Papertrey Ink's Blooming Button Bits stamp set, Stitched With Love stamp set, ink, card stock, felt, button, notched flower dies}

Blessings on your Friday, cafe friends!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable. So thoughtful of you to attach it with a pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet idea! Will have to try this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Madison will love this! Great felt project!

    ReplyDelete