Friday, January 22, 2016

Sending Hedgehugs

Happy Friday, cafe friends!

Where has the week gone? Time seems to fly when you are in the midst of home repairs and renovations. Sadly, none of them were photo worthy or bloggable. For example, we swapped out all of the nasty old toilet seats with new ones. But I'm guessing you probably don't want to see photos of that, am I right? We repaired some broken closet doors and hung some artwork. Again, nothing newsworthy. I painted the upstairs hallway, giving it a fresh clean coat of Accessible Beige (Sherwin Williams) to hide all of the nasty scrapes and dirty marks that came with the house. And can we all make a pinkie promise to never ever paint with flat paint ever?

These are all the little details that improve a house and make a good first impression. It just shows that a house is well loved and well cared for. Updating light fixtures, updating bathroom fixtures, paint. In the grand scheme of things, these are not costly updates, but boy do they make a difference when you are ready to put your house on the market.

I found some free time to pop into my craft space today!


I needed to make a card for my mom, who has a cold this week. Winter colds are no fun. It's the double whammy of being stuck indoors because it's winter AND being stuck indoors because she isn't feeling well.

I made a scalloped "lawn" for my critters, but wanted to give it a few heart flowers. So, I used the tulip stamp from Gleeful Gardens, cut off the tulip at the top, and glued a heart to the top instead.

I used some white craft ink to give the card base a heart-y background.



{Today's Brew: Sending Hedgehugs (Lawn Fawn), Gleeful Gardens (Lawn Fawn), stitched frame dies (Lawn Fawn), Let's Polka papers (Lawn Fawn), PTI card stock, watercolor paper, watercolors}


Now if I can only remember to get this one in the mailbox. Mom, I'm sending hedgehugs your way!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a DELIGHTFUL card! I love the coloring that you did....so inspiring! I adore this Hedge Hugs stamp set, too! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create with Critters” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete