Friday, January 8, 2016

Splattery and Doodly

I have a problem with flowers. I can never have enough of them.

Look in my closet. I bet three-quarters of my blouses have a flower print.

Jewelry? Flowers.

Home furnishings? Flowers.

And don't even get me started on my garden. Two hundred flower bulbs planted last fall? Sheesh. My parents obviously named me appropriately when they stuck a flower to me forever.

When it comes to flowers, I'm a firm believer that more is more.

Which is why I have a hard time passing up a flower stamp set. They are all so lovely, and each one beckons me "Come! Come and plant me in your garden of stamp sets!"

I've seen some really super cute doodly stamp sets lately, and I want them all. ALL, I tell you! But then that ugly F word pops into my head.

No, not that F word, silly. Frugal. That F word.

So yesterday, I looked at my stamp sets that I already own, the ones that I gloss over in my pursuit of the next great thing, and I asked myself "Can't I turn one of these into an awesome doodly stamp set?"

Yes I can!


I used the stamp set Bold Blooms from Paper Smooches. After I stamped the flowers and leaves, I went back with a fine point marker and got a little doodly. And then I got a little splattery. And finally, a little sparkly.


{Today's Brew: Bold Blooms (Paper Smooches), sentiment from Folkal Points (Paper Smooches), stitched die (Lawn Fawn), card stock and ink (PTI), amuse twinkle rhinestones, Glimmer Mist, Prismacolor marker}


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment