Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Relocated Craft Room


Yesterday, I showed you that I moved the craft stuff out of the family fun zone to the other side of the basement. And here it is...the other side of the basement.


I like the cozy space on this side, but the problem is that the water softener and electrical stuff were totally exposed. One trip to IKEA solved that. I bought an Akerkulla shower curtain to hide the softener, and an Akerkulla curtain panel to hide electrical. I guess that's one of the benefits of the drop ceiling: I can "drop" things from it!



I finally got the Raskog cart that is much loved by crafters everywhere! It is very handy to be able to wheel my tools right next to me as I work.



And when you consider that my work table surface is about eighteen inches deep, then you can see why I need that Raskog. I seriously need a new craft table, but in the meantime I am using this folding banquet table and calling it good enough.


My dream space would have a wall of pegboard, where I can sort and hang some items and get them off the table.


This is the cleanest it's been in months! I have a problem with keeping all flat surfaces uncluttered in my house, and my craft table is no exception!

The lighting on this side of the basement is not optimal, but I hope to fix that in the future with an Ott lite.


If you sit at my craft table and turn around, you can see the wall of the stairwell. This wall divides the family fun zone and the craft zone, and keeps the clutter hidden.






I'm just happy that I have a place for everything, and everything in its place. No built ins or closets, like my last craft room, but it functions just fine.

Hmm...that table is way too clean. Time to get crafty!

7 comments:

  1. It looks good and I'm so jealous that you got the cart of my dreams. LOL! We don't have a Ikea around here and I'm joneing for a fix so maybe a trip to visit friends in Atlanta is in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom saw the photo of the cart, and now she wants one, too! They are so cheap, and a great addition to any craft room.

      Delete
  2. It's nice to see your new space. I like how you use what you have. I'm the queen of repurposing! The steps down the center is actually very useful! I see your yellow step chair. I've always wanted one. I happened to see one at a yard sale (the people go to auctions and set up their sale with lots of vintage things). It's green. Only $5.00. It has a tear but I just taped it with polka-dotted duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see your new space. I like how you use what you have. I'm the queen of repurposing! The steps down the center is actually very useful! I see your yellow step chair. I've always wanted one. I happened to see one at a yard sale (the people go to auctions and set up their sale with lots of vintage things). It's green. Only $5.00. It has a tear but I just taped it with polka-dotted duct tape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that yellow step chair at a yard sale, and I do love it! (But now I think it needs some polka dot duct tape! lol!)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, the shower curtain is so pretty and does the job perfectly. The whole room looks great, it must be so good to have a dedicated space for crafting and having everything all together in one place. I really like the shelving units, practical and tidy but they still allow everything to be seen and got to easily. Thank you for sharing your photos.

    Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing

    ReplyDelete