Friday, February 26, 2016

A Tip For Tulip Bouquets



My dear, sweet husband brought me a bouquet of tulips today!

I love my man. He knows how badly I crave spring, and nothing says "Spring is coming" like tulips.

Here's a tip for all of you fellow tulip lovers who bring home a bouquet from the store, unwrap it, put it in a vase, and watch the stems droop.


Fill a vase with water, and unwrap only the bottom portion of the tissue. Stick the stems in the vase of water, but leave the top portion covered in the tissue for one hour. This allows the stems to drink up the water and encourages them to stay upright.

After an hour, remove the wrap and arrange the stems. You will have lovely blooms that will not be so droopy. This also works well for daffodils.


Ah! Spring!

I learned this tip from my sweet mom, who always has good advice about flowers and life and stuff. :)


Jemimah Jane is quite the puddle-duck herself. Her new favorite trick is to scoot the water bowl and play in the puddle. Big fun for puppies and Moms!


Can you see her in her background? Looks like more mischief afoot! Silly Jemma.

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment