Saturday, February 13, 2016

Getting Ready

Tomorrow is the day! The day we bring home our new puppy!

We are over the top excited. My husband has been sending me countdown texts all week...three more days, two more days, twenty four hours!

In the meantime, we've been doing a little shopping and trying to puppy proof the house.


Wow. I forgot how much a dog needs!


Toys for chewing!


Food and piddle pads, bowls and treats, leashes and collars.


I'm going to try to train the dog to ring a bell when she needs to go outside. I'm hoping that this will encourage less barking.

The strap hangs onto the door handle, and the dog can knock it when she needs to go outside. So clever! They've come up with so many new gadgets since we last had a puppy!


Of course, we had to get her a crate. Honestly, I think this crate is so that the dog can get some alone time, away from all of her fawning family members who just want to love her and cuddle her all day long.


I read a great tip last week. Bring a blanket with you when you pick up the puppy, and have the breeder rub it on the Mama for her scent. That way, when the puppy is sad and missing her mama, she can smell the blanket and have happy thoughts. Awww.


Spoil your pet? I think we've got that one covered.


And tell me, who could resist spoiling this sweet and precious girl?

We've finally picked out her name! And I can't wait to introduce her to all of you...tomorrow!

Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy that little bundle of joy! My neighbor trained her cats! to ring a bell to go outside. Good luck with your pup.
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. In tears and laughing all at the same time. Spoiled? I agree -- you've got that covered. She's a lucky pup and will be loved. Enjoy her! M.L.

    ReplyDelete