Friday, February 19, 2016

Glory Art Scripture Challenge #2: Happiness or Joy?


The February scripture art challenge was posted at Patter's Blog, Triple The Scraps. Patter explores happiness versus joy, the kind of joy that is complete in Jesus Christ. I love this!


When I read Patter's thoughts, I immediately remembered the Beth Moore bible study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians, Children of the Day.


Beth had so many wonderful thoughts on the subject. Her son-in-law, Pastor Curtis Jones, says that "joy is happiness without the moodiness". Yes!


And Beth had a thought that could certainly understand. She says "If we want our happiness to outlast a caffeine buzz, we're probably referring to joy."



I decided to use some Lawn Fawn stamps to create my page and a matching bookmark.

{Today's Brew: stamps from Lawn Fawn, Distress Stains, Memory Box stencil, Simple Stories washi tape}


I'm going to be staying close to home for a while because of this little bundle of love that is happiest perched at my feet:

I've decided to temporarily cut back on some of the appointments in my planner, like preschool and bible study at church. This time in the early days with puppy is short and sweet, and it's also crucial to her development as she finds her way in our home and in our hearts. In the meantime, I'm going to dig into the word at home, between naps and potty breaks.

I've attempted to finish this Beth Moore bible study twice with two different women's groups in two different cities. Both times, I got sidetracked halfway through. I'm determined to finish this study here at home, with Jemma and Java and Jehovah. A little coffee, and a whole lot of Jesus. A perfect recipe for joy.


Blessings on your Friday, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment