Monday, March 14, 2016

This Is The Day


Remember that long list of the fruit of the Spirit? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, self control? As a believer in the Spirit, I am supposed to show all of these. But I'm really not fond of the "patience" fruit. And the older I get, it seems that I dislike it even more.

Next week? Next month? Next year? No. I want it now! Change it now! Fix it now! Do it, Lord, now!

When you live in the Psalm 90 "Lord, teach me to number my days" mindset, you know that next week isn't promised to you.

But I also know that God has a plan to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future.

So where does that leave me?

That leaves me with today. The twenty-four hours ahead of me. Choosing this day whom I will serve. Choosing this day to rejoice and be glad in it. Right here. Right now.

I'm studying Beth Moore's "Children of the Day", and she made a really great point this week. Regarding ministry and mission and purpose, she had this to say:

"It is the reason God left you behind on this planet after you received Christ and became a citizen of heaven. You won't be satisfied until you are living it out because God wired you with a compulsion to do it."

So there it is. Maybe my impatience is just a God-wired compulsion, a sanctified dissatisfaction.

This is the day.


I puzzled over this card for a minute because when I stamped the sunrise and then the hills, it wasn't quite long enough for the sentiment. And then I had the brilliant idea "Why not just stamp the hills again in a darker green?", and it worked!

{Today's Brew: Phrases and Praises (PTI), On The Farm (PTI), Bold Blossoms (PTI), PTI card stock/papers/ink, corner rounder}

No comments:

Post a Comment