Friday, May 27, 2016

Fixer Upper House: The Laundry Room Cleans Up


The laundry room was in some serious need of a clean up. And it just so happened that we had a half gallon of Sherwin Williams Lemongrass paint leftover from the boys bath room refresh. Perfect!


I did a little sorting and organizing, too.


I found the old green jar in my stash, and thought I'd use it to store my dryer sheets. The tall glass lidded jar was on a clearance rack at Hobby Lobby for $13. It was filled with an assortment of potpourri, which I removed. It's the perfect size to hold a box of Tide detergent, and now I don't have to lug the ugly box out of the cupboard for every load.


The paintings are old and from my stash. I thought they added the right amount of shabby chic, and I liked how the pale colors of pink, blue, cream and green worked in this room.




It's silly, I know, but I'm so happy that the paint color and floors now match my old Laura Ashley ironing board.



It's a little room, but at least it looks a lot happier now. Remodel cost? Leftover paint=free. Decor=under $20.


A cup of coffee, and now I'm ready to tackle that basket of ironing.

Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Love the floral bird house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask how tall the jar is holding your detergent???
    Your laundry room looks beautiful, great job!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete