Saturday, May 7, 2016

How To Create Botanical Art For Cheap!


Botanical art prints can be so expensive. I love the look, but I'm not in love with the price tag. I'm always trying to incorporate natural elements in my home. Whenever I find old books with a nature theme, I snatch them up. I've had these books for many years, and love to look at the illustrations.


Years back, I carefully cut several of the illustrated pages from the books, mounted them on card stock, and put them in these pretty frames. And I still love them. But the frames no longer match this home's decor.

I decided to update the look with a simpler installation. I used old clothespins, mounted to the wall with very small Scotch 3M Command Strips, to create a small gallery wall. It has the look of a temporary art installation. And best of all...I can swap the prints out seasonally. No holes in the wall, no damage.






It's the perfect addition to the sun room, where I'm trying to use plants and natural elements to bring the outdoors in.


An old watering can is paired with this super cute twine holder, another gift from my sister, Tina. She finds the coolest stuff for me! This time, she ordered from Magnolia Market...yep, Joanna Gaines' Fixer Upper store! I thought this could come in handy near the garden. And thus far, Jemma hasn't bothered it...too much.


Oops! Spoke too soon!

I love to find new purposes for the things around my house.

Cost for this project= free!

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

P.S. Happy International Scrapbooking Day to my paper crafting friends! Anyone working on scrap related projects today?

No comments:

Post a Comment