Thursday, May 5, 2016

Lawnscaping Challenge #129: Critters


I've been working really hard to attract birds to the yard of the Fixer Upper house. Like, really hard.

In every other house we've lived in, I've filled a feeder, walked in to the house, and turned around to see visitors already there. Not this house. For months and months, I would fill the feeder and barely see a bird. I added another feeder at the back of the yard. Same story.

Around the time that Jemma came in to our lives, it seems the birds finally learned to accept us. Apparently, if we were good enough to care for this golden girl, then we were good enough to care for them, too.


                            (A younger Jemma, keeping watch over the flock at the feeder!)


It's time to find a spot for my hummingbird feeder. I think I'll put one near the front porch so that I can watch them when I sit and stitch and read. Of course, I can't sit and stitch and read there until the purple house finch have their babies and move out. Hmm. That could be a while.

I made this little hummingbird card for the Critters challenge at the Lawnscaping Blog!



And here it is:


{Today's Brew: Gleeful Gardens stamp set (and yes, I used dies this time!) from Lawn Fawn, Holiday Tags set (Lawn Fawn), papers and card base (Lawn Fawn), grass die (Lawn Fawn), COPIC markers, baker's twine}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! The coloring on your hummingbird is so pretty! I hope you get more birds in your yard soon! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the use of the gift tag as a card layout element!

    ReplyDelete