Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May 2016 Simple Stories Carpe Diem Planner


Hello, everyone! I've been working on my planner pages this week, and for a good reason, too. Sam's last day of school is May 24th. That's just one week from today. Wow. Where did the school year go? I seriously cannot believe that he is nearly done with sixth grade.

I take my summers and calendar planning pretty seriously. I've found that if you don't get it on the calendar in pen, then you will either a.) not do it, or b.) not know about it until after the fact, and then kick yourself for not writing it down.


A well-stocked summer calendar is my secret weapon against the "I'm so bored"s. I can look at my calendar and see what's happening at the parks or libraries or nearby town festivals. I even include happenings in Indiana (if we happen to be visiting our son, John) and events back home in Michigan and Ohio (in case I'm thinking of planning a trip to visit family).


For some reason, the Hebrew word "Shekinah" has been turning up this month. I heard it described in a Beth Moore study recently as the manifestation of God's glory. The children of Israel saw the Shekinah when God lead them through the wilderness as a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. And we have the physical manifestation of God's glory in the form of Jesus, who took on flesh and dwelt among us, and now lives within us.

1 John 3:2-3 says :

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure."

I want to see that Shekinah, and when I do, I will be like him. What a comforting thought. I don't know what I will be, but I do know this. Colossians 1:27 tells me that Christ is in me, and I have the hope of glory. I need that hope today.


So at church on Sunday, our pastor challenged us to pray for the children of the orphanage that we support in Haiti. He told us to go back to the bulletin board, look at their photos, and take a photo of a child that we would commit to praying for in the days ahead.

A bulletin board full of beautiful faces. How could I pick one? I asked God to tell me which one to choose, and that's when I saw this beautiful young girl, dressed in purple with a flower in her hair, and holding up a board with her name written upon it.

Shekina.

Thank you, God, for your glory!

Hope. Just when I needed it.

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment