Wednesday, May 25, 2016

PTI May Blog Hop


Today is Blog Hop day at Papertrey Ink! Our inspiration art looks so sweet! I was really enamored with this watercolor and its painterly effect. I decided to swap out popsicles (unless they're sugar free, or course!) with coffee cups. Warm weather may be here, but it's never too warm for coffee!



 {Today's Brew: Heart to Heart Stamp Set(PTI),  Think Big Favorites stamp set (PTI), Fine Linen and Dark Chocolate ink (PTI), PTI kraft card stock, Strathmore watercolor paper. Gansai Tambi watercolors, button twine (PTI) }


I decided to stamp the coffee cups in PTI's Fine Linen. Then I watercolored each image using my Gansais Tambi watercolors. I used a wet brush dipped in paint to flick some splatters onto the finished images. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on top of everything after it had dried.


And if the message of nine coffee cups wasn't enough, I thought the inside sentiment made it loud and clear.

This watercolor project came at the perfect time, as I had just been playing with my watercolors last week.


I finally got around to creating an index of all of the colors.


And I also did a little blending with each one. This really came in handy for today's project!


Watercoloring is so forgiving and so much fun. I plan to take my paints outdoors for some "en plein air" painting soon.


Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet card and it's not surprising at all to see your clever coffee cups! Thanks for the technique ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely use of all those colors! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Mary Rose! I love that you used cups and watercolors them ......stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this totally makes me smile! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! Love those watercoloured coffee cups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love you take on the inspiration piece... fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Rose, what a darling card this is. I love it! Fabulous design. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute take on the challenge! Love the watercoloring idea. Very nicely done! Nice touch on the inside sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your unique take on today's inspiration, Mary Rose!! And well done with the KGT paints and making your key! I won't tell you how long I had my set before I realized that's what we were supposed to do inside the lid. Gosh, did that ever make my life easier!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I'm a coffee lover, not hard to love your lineup of watercolored cups! Love your tips for blending too. Have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card! Your watercoloring skills are fantastic, leading to a beautiful card! This was a great take on the challenge photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your rainbow of coffee cups - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This should be decor in a quaint little coffee shop, such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sweet card!!! And, I agree, it is never too hot for coffee. :) Perfect take on the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I love your take on this challenge!! your cups are sweet and so well colored! I think your idea to make an index is great!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete