Monday, May 2, 2016

PTI's M.I.M. #247:Watercolored Card Sets


Blessed Monday, cafe friends! And it is indeed, blessed, as the sun is finally shining here in the Midwest after a week long jag of clouds and rain.

Today's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink features Melissa, crafting some lovely cards using watercoloring techniques. Melissa used the PTI watercolor cards, but since I do not have those I decided to substitute with a stamped image. I started on watercolor paper, using Memento Black ink. Epic fail. Even after heat setting, I could not prevent the ink from smearing. So I went back to my favorite PTI heavy card stock, and had much better success.


I followed Melissa's technique, first sponging ink, then using a water brush to blend, and finally layering other colors of ink with the brush.

I copied Melissa's sketch, right down to the patterned paper topper, the sequins and the seam binding ribbon.

{Today's Brew: PTI Strawberry Patch and Strawberry Patch sentiment stamp sets, PTI card stock/ink/patterned paper, seam binding, sequins, spray mists}

I think I'll make a few more of these cards tonight, perhaps swapping the sentiments, and then use the set as a sweet gift for Mother's Day.

Hope your day is "sweet"!

14 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Mary Rose! Love the warm stamp set you used and mine smeared a bit too because I didn't wait, kinda goes with he look. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, sweet card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet and pretty card- the watercolouring is fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set for the challenge.. I found only flowers to use.. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love your cards...and the strawberries are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty. Festive, Summery and sweet card, Mary Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Your ink blending really adds a softness to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same epic fail! results as you did but I didn't think to change to regular cs! Your card is so sweet!! I just love your coloring!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card. Love the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty, Mary Rose. You did a fabulous job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete