Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Time = Farm Time


Have you ever noticed that when designers roll out the new "look" for summer time, it's usually focused on nautical/ocean themes or tropical themes?

For those of us firmly planted in the Midwest of the United States, we just roll our eyes and shake our heads.

We know what summer is really about...farm and garden, of course!


I needed a birthday card for my son, John, who has firmly planted himself in the central farm lands of Indiana! I grabbed this Birdie Brown stamp set from My Favorite Things and had some fun stamping a stack of farm animals! Don't look to closely at my coloring...it was late at night and I was tired!

{Today's Brew: The Whole Herd stamp set (MFT),  sun stencil (MFT), PTI card stock and ink, grass die (lawn fawn), PTI patterned paper, COPIC markers}


I added a little crop of green to highlight the sentiment inside, too!

We drove this card to Indiana this weekend to hand deliver it to the birthday boy. It was a fast overnight visit, but we had such a fun time. It seemed like everywhere I looked, Indiana was celebrating summer in style!








Happy Monday, Cafe Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment