Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Treasure Hunting


I love summer time treasure hunting! Yard sales, garage sales, flea markets, rummage sales. I brake for junk!

Occasionally, my son Luke and I like to pop in to the local Goodwill to see what we can find. He normally heads to furniture and electronics, while I scour through household items.

Last week, I found this adorable porcelain percolating coffee pot. The folk art style and bright colors spoke to me.



It even came complete with the parts for making coffee! I'm sure I will never brew a pot, but I thought it could make a great happy addition to my kitchen. Roosters? Coffee? $2? Sold!


When I got it home, I noticed the name Berggren at the bottom, so I did a little Google searching. It turns out that Berggren is a line of Swedish folk art from the sixties, and guess what? It's a collectible! I saw my sweet little coffee pot at auction sites for $40!


It may look a little out of place in my current modern style kitchen, but I'm sure that it will look absolutely adorable in the vintage kitchen of my next house! wink wink!

Tomorrow I will head down the street to the local church rummage sale. Last year I found a church pew there. This year? Who knows what I may find?

Coffee maketh bright the spirit, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment